Adding Mass to SEO Content Strategy To Create Content At Scale
Having an amazing piece of content published every once in a while is awesome.
However, is there a way to create massive amounts of SEO content at scale?
When trying to add mass to your SEO content strategy, you need a game plan in order to regularly create high-quality content at scale month after month.
This guide shares how to do that. Scroll down to learn more.
Don't Have Time To Read The Whole Guide Now?
We can send you a free PDF copy so you can read whenever you have time. It takes less than 10 seconds.
- Mass SEO Content – Will That Be a Fit For Your Brand?
- Mass SEO Content – 7 Step Repeatable Process
- 1. It Starts With Keyword Research
- 2. Creating a Content Calendar With Massive Amounts Of Content
- 3. Building a Team – Who Does What (The 4 Things You Need Most)
- 4. Repeatable Outline Template For Mass Content SEO Creation
- 5. Repeatable Copywriting Practices for Mass SEO Content Creation
- 6. Repeatable Editing Practices for Mass SEO Content Creation
- 7. Repeatable Publishing Checklists For Mass SEO Content Creation
Mass SEO Content - Will That Be a Fit For Your Brand?
Before ever creating a piece of content, you should have your goals and long-term vision locked in. Ask yourself:
- How many website visitors do you want in 12 months?
- How many leads do you want per month in 12 months from now?
- How many new clients or customers do you want from SEO per month in 12 months from now?
Answering these questions with clarity will provide context on how much mass your SEO content strategy actually needs.
For example, if your business is currently getting:
- 100 website visitors per month
- 3 leads per month
- 1 new customer from SEO every month
Then having a goal like…
- 100,000 website visitors per month
- 1,000 leads per month
- 185 new customers from Google every month
..is very much a stretch goal and would require a LOT of mass in your SEO content strategy.
Find clarity in your goals, and the content will follow.
Mass SEO Content - 7 Step Repeatable Process
Below are seven repeatable steps that we at Portland SEO Growth use for our own business, and for our clients, to create content scale.
1. It Starts With Keyword Research
When creating a content strategy with massive amounts of content, you need to make sure that every piece of content has a purpose.
Basically, if you’re creating a ton of content, it’s going to be quite an investment. Therefore, you don’t want multiple pieces of content per month to be:
- Targeting the wrong keywords
- Targeting keywords that have zero people searching per month; or
- Targeting keywords that are so ridiculously competitive that you’ll never be able to rank for that
When doing SEO-focused keyword research, you need to take the following things into consideration:
- Your domain authority
- What your competitors are doing
- A keyword’s difficulty level
- A keyword’s volume per month
- A keyword’s traffic cost (ROI metric)
- And more
2. Creating a Content Calendar With Massive Amounts Of Content
Once you complete the keyword research, you’ll have more clarity into which topics and keywords you should be writing about. When creating mass SEO content, you’ll need to make sure you have hundreds of available keywords to choose from.
However, you shouldn’t just add keywords to the content calendar without a strategic approach.
Then how should you think about a content calendar?
It’s recommended that you go after “low-hanging fruit keywords” first.
What are low-hanging fruit keywords?
They are keywords that are relatively easy to rank for, have a decent amount of people searching each month, and are likely to be searched for by your target audience (aka visitors who might convert).
3. Building a Team - Who Does What (The 4 Things You Need Most)
When creating a repeatable process in order to create mass SEO content, there are usually four critical people/processes that need to be filled.
- Research: keyword research, competitor analysis, and more
- Draft Outlines and Writers: creating a piece based on SEO best practices that will also add value to the user
- Editors: ensuring that the piece of content is well-written, adds value to the user, and follows SEO best practices
- Publishing: someone who can publish the content to your website and make it look beautiful for the user
4. Repeatable Outline Template For Mass Content SEO Creation
The outline of a piece of content might be the most critical part of the entire process. When creating a draft outline for a piece of SEO-focused content, here are the things that we consider:
- What is the user’s intent when searching that particular keyword?
- What types of content are competitors creating for this same keyword?
- What are related keywords that can be added to this piece of content?
- What will inspire these particular users to take action?
With all of that information, we implement these strategies in the following areas within the draft outline:
- URL structure
- Title tag
- Meta description
- And more
5. Repeatable Copywriting Practices for Mass SEO Content Creation
One of the biggest problems stopping content creators from creating mass SEO content is that the writing process takes a long time.
We thought a lot about how to create content at scale, particularly with copywriting practices that eliminate writer’s block.
Here are some of the repeatable strategies that our Portland SEO team uses to write copy with speed:
- Voice typing
- Writing introductions last
- Setting timers for researching (to avoid rabbit holes)
- And more
6. Repeatable Editing Practices for Mass SEO Content Creation
When trying to create mass SEO content, many teams forget about the editing process. They’re so stuck on getting out massive amounts of content, that the content itself ends up being of a lower quality.
It’s recommended to add an editor into the workflow process.
Here are some of the things that our editors are looking for:
- Word choice
- Lengthy sentences or paragraphs
- Areas for bullet points or lists
- SEO best practices
- Areas that could be “shown” vs. “told”
- And more
7. Repeatable Publishing Checklists For Mass SEO Content Creation
The last step to creating mass SEO content with a repeatable process is to create templates or checklists for the publishing process.
Obviously the content needs to be published on your website. However, many businesses do not think about doing this in a repeatable way in order to become more efficient.
Here are some ways that you can become more efficient in your publishing process:
- Create templates that can simply be duplicated
- Ensure that your word docs are structured in a way that is easy for the publisher
- Outsource the publishing process overseas
- And more